I have the bug! No, not the flu bug. The bug to start decorating for Christmas!
I know some of you already have your Christmas tree up and you are all ready for the holiday season, and some of you are traditionalist and won't decorate until after Thanksgiving. I'm in the latter category. However, both are fine, depending upon what works for you.
Even though I haven't started decorating, I have started preparing for Christmas! Yesterday, I was thinking about all the preparations we go through to get ready for Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year. We have a lot of extras on our plate this time of year. In addition to the normal laundry, cleaning, meal making and errand running, we have the holidays to prepare for.
There are a number of books, calendars and websites out there, that can help you prepare for Christmas. I recently came across the Family Life Blog. They feature "8 Weeks to a Frazzle Free Christmas"! This is a great idea, except that my "sweet" husband reminded me that I'm already three weeks behind!
Here are some of the ways that I'm preparing and hopefully making things a little simpler for myself!
1. I'm taking advantage of free shipping!
2. I have goals written in my calendar! For instance, I want my shopping to be completed by December 2!
3. I'm limiting how much baking I'm doing. Plus, I'm making cookies that can be frozen.
4. I have some new ideas on how I want to decorate. On a "budget" I might add!
5. I'm focusing on Jesus! He is what it is all about!
How are you preparing for the holidays?
I will leave you with one more fall decoration,since I'm a traditionalist!